Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

changing cam software

2strokecycle

Does anyone have experience with converting programs / shop from Alphacam to Mastercam router?

Currently our shop runs Alphacam for the routers and Mastercam for the mills and lathes and I am looking at changing to a single CAM provider. One feature that keeps coming up with Alphacam is the ability to change the nests right at the machine.

• Like 3

Hi,

Myself and others here at CNC have a fair amount of history with AlphaCAM so we maybe able to help with a transition, however, I am not entirely clear what you mean when you say "change nests right at the machine" could you be a little more specific?

Thanks.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.

I beleive you are asking if Mastercam has the ability to re-nest an existing nest with updated parameters, in your example the sheet size.

You can re-open a nested drawing in Mastercam and edit a number of nesting parameters, one of which is the sheet size, therefore you could change the size of a full sheet to an offcut sheet size and then re-nest to give you a new nest using the updated sheet size.

Correct, but can this change in nesting happen at the machine? I want the operators to continue to have this function not the programmers.

The nested drawing has to be opened in Mastercam to be viewed and/or edited. You mentioned in your initial post that you are currently using AlphaCAM for your nesting how are you using AlphaCAM at the machine?

• 2 years later...