Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardinge Conquest T51SP for sale

I have been gone from this forum for a LONG time, so if this thread is in the improper place, or if this is no longer OK, forgive me.

We have the following machine available; I would like to move it out of my plant by the end of June. I can arrange rigging / transportation if required.

Machine is under power and operating at my plant in Peabody, MA, and I will make it available for inspection if you are interested.

Not looking to retire from the sale, but some beer money would be nice:

------------

Hardinge Conquest T51 Super Precision CNC Lathe, mid-1990s S/N CL-771-BSP

[12]-station upper turret with [6] Sandvik Capto C4 OD and [6] Sandvik Capto C5 ID stations

[6]-station lower turret (works in Z axis only) with [2] Sandvik Capto C5 stations

“Harcrete” composite base and ‘super precision’ linear guideways

4200 RPM / 20HP main spindle

10” SMW Autoblock quick-change hydraulic chuck

Hardinge 20C collet spindle

Fanuc 18T control

Turbo chip conveyor

Smog Hog mist collector

Balcrank ‘Jet Pulser’ high-pressure coolant pump (nothing heart-stopping; maybe 200psi)

Approximately [40] Sandvik Capto turning, boring, and drilling tools

Machine is in good overall condition and still operates regularly, but needs some TLC to be perfect:

1) The “Super Precision Measuring System” has been inoperative for several years. There is a scale or a strain gage or something on the headstock end of the machine that needs to be replaced; it is buried in the machine, and it is expensive, so we never did it. You would not know this unless you command “M88” in your program, which generates an alarm. We still run .0005 work on the machine with no issues, but this feature doesn’t work.

2) Both turrets leak coolant significantly; most likely the bronze sealing bushings that carry the coolant from the fixed turret casting to the moveable top plates need to be replaced. The turrets need to come off for this, which is a hassle, so we haven’t done it.

3) The inside pane of the front door glass is damaged from a part coming out of the chuck awhile back. We replaced this glass once before, and it is expensive, so we haven’t done it; visibility is not obscured.

-------

C

post-2159-0-56547100-1401211937_thumb.jpg

post-2159-0-70619300-1401211968_thumb.jpg

post-2159-0-89591900-1401211985_thumb.jpg

post-2159-0-32549700-1401212070_thumb.jpg