Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setting up Mastercam 6 debugger in VS 2010

hprashant

Hello,

I have tried looking for some resources on emastercam forum about setting the mastercam debug environment to test my chook dll.

Here's what I did:

In the VS2010 property sheet, I added the following option:

Config Properties -> Debugging -> Command = C:\mcamx6\sdk\x64\debug\Mastercam.exe // This is the path where the 64 bit mastercam is, My chook dll is also 64 bits

Config Properties -> Debugging -> Working Dir = C:\mcamx6

When I run from VS, I get the following error, The screenshots also shows what dlls get loaded

post-53530-0-02702100-1402556513_thumb.png

The same error occurs when I try to run the debug mastercam.exe independently(outside VS).

Do I need to configure something else to make it work? If you could point some tutorial that would be good.

Thanks

Prashant Barnawal

You can ignore the "Cannot find or open the PDB file" messages,

as they are normal have have nothing to do the the "Application Error" messagebox.

Is the Mastercam X6 Product (not SDK) really installed at C:\mcamx6

and not the usual location C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx6 ?

Can you run the Release built version of your CHook in X6?

As long as the CHook project is 64-bit and built as DEBUG,

all you really should have to do is the the Command and Working Directory (as you've done).

If you have verified that the Working Directory is correct and you still get this Error.

You can try this ->

*It may not help, but is quick and easy to try.

Move all of the .FT files from the mcamx6\CHooks folder somewhere else,

so that Mastercam will not find any .FTs when it is starting up.

Nothing helped,

Yes the mastercam and sdk are installed directly on my C drive, and not inside program files.

Setting it in release mode and running the release mastercam.exe with my CHOOK works perfectly fine.

I made a desktop shortcut of the debug mastercam.exe and changed its working dir to C:\mcamx6\ but still fails to start up.

The screenshot is attached below

post-53530-0-52385000-1402693349_thumb.png .

I guess its the problem of debug mastercam.exe ? any other help would be appreciated as I want to get the debug mode up and running