Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processor Syntax Highlighting

Hello everyone,

I have been working with post modifications lately, and notepad just doesn't cut it. I don't know if there is an official editor or a better supported editor, but I have found Sublime Text to work very well. I'm writing here to share a syntax highlighting definition I created to aid in the development of post files. I hope that this helps anyone else as much as it has helped me.

MastercamPostProcessor.zip

Just unzip and place the MastercamPostProcessor.tmLanguage in the "Data\Packages\User" folder of the SublimeText install directory.

Cheers!

Wc3YzXL.png

Thanks, our shop just recently got X8 (from 9!) and there's sooo much to learn. I've been tasked with configuring our posts for our various machines.

Would you happen to have any manuals or documentation on post editing? I've just been using the debugger with trial and error to figure out how it is interpreted.

Thanks, our shop just recently got X8 (from 9!) and there's sooo much to learn. I've been tasked with configuring our posts for our various machines.

Would you happen to have any manuals or documentation on post editing? I've just been using the debugger with trial and error to figure out how it is interpreted.

You can contact your reseller, there's a substantial Post Package available

Do understand though, some of those old posts depending on the age, may be done......anything previous to V7 may well be tough to update and there's likely a substantial gain with all the new logic added to a m ore modern post

V9 to X8    THAT is a huge change......I remember when we switched from V9 to X back in 2005.......:shudder:

Code Expert includes syntax highlighting post-1176-0-95132100-1420742066_thumb.jpg(colors are configurable in Application Options post-1176-0-28337100-1420742312_thumb.jpg), autocomplete post-1176-0-81274000-1420741669_thumb.jpg and tooltips post-1176-0-49355800-1420742067_thumb.jpg for all MP postblocks, strings, variables, operators and functions.

The autocomplete lists are tailored by product type, selectable on the fly in the context menu post-1176-0-38893900-1420741670_thumb.jpg so you will only be presented with items that relate to the product that the post is meant for (no sense using wire variables in a mill post).

It also supports the #region and #endregion tags post-1176-0-52924000-1420741671_thumb.jpg for defining collapsable regions in the post (open X8's Generic Fanuc 4X Mill.pst for an example of how this can be applied).

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Paul Decelles from CNC Software
  • Like 3