Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Drill Cycle Graphic

I was wondering if there was any way to change the picture that shows up when you pick a Custom Drill Cycle.  We were hoping to make a new picture that was a bit more relevant than the default ? ? ? picture.  

I tried searching but couldn't find anything but explanations of setting up the custom cycles.  

post-48777-0-40174600-1425671447_thumb.png

That stuff is embedded in the software because it's a live image meaning when you click in a field on the page, different areas of the image highlight or change in some other way.

There is no "user" facility for altering images on the toolpath dialogs. 

You would have to hack the BMP image in the appropriate Resource DLL.

Actually not hard to do if you have a Resource Editor  (Google: "resource ddl editor" ) tool and know where to find the image.

Finding which *Res.DLL file it is in and which BMP entry in that file is the time consuming part.

You could then alter the image.

Make sure that you have a backup of the DLL that you're altering!

No fun re-installing the entire product because you messed up a Resource DLL. ;(

Also FYI -

(I only know this because someone asked me this question 2+ yrs ago...)

This one specific image is used for all of the "Custom Drill Cycles" (#9-20)

Meaning that you cannot have a different image for Custom Cycle#11 than Custom Cycle #12

• Like 1