Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Outputting operational data to buffer file

I set up my Misc Values to have an entry for bubble number. (mi4$)

When there is a value in there, I want to write it and other tool and operational values to the buffer file and output as txt file.

I've gotten it to output farely well, but I put the pbufferfile post block I created right after psof$, ptlchg0$, ptlchg$. It doesn't put the correct operational info for the first operation and the depths are off by a count of 1. Could someone help me get on the right direction to getting this data to output correctly?

This is what I have so far:

size8    : 0
rc8      : 1
wc8      : 1
str8     : ""  #Empty string to be input for buffer write

fbuf 8 1 256 0 1

pbufferfile
    size8 = rbuf(8, 0) #Reading record zero initializes buffer
      str8 = drs_str(2, mi5$) + " | " + drs_str(2,g_wcs) + " | " drs_str(2, mi4$) + " | " + drs_str(2, t$) + " | " + strtool$ + " | " + drs_str(2, speed) + " | " + 
drs_str(2, feed) + " | " + drs_str(2,depth$) + " | " + snamenc$  + " | " + drs_str(2,g_wcs) + " | " + drs_str(2,zabs) + " | " + drs_str(2,zinc) + " | " + drs_str(2,depth$) +
" | " + drs_str(2,tool_op$) + " | " + drs_str(2,op_id$) + " | "
str8 = wbuf(8, wc8)

Which gives me:

OP#_100 | G0 |  | T1 |  5/16 CARBIDE DRILL  | S1000 | F0. | depth$ -3. | MASTERCAM DATA FOR IPIR PULL | G0 | Z0. | Z0. | depth$ -3. | tool_op$ 2. | op_id$ 1. | 
OP#_200 | G56 |  | T2 |  1/2 CARBIDE DRILL  | S7500 | F1. | depth$ -1. | MASTERCAM DATA FOR IPIR PULL | G56 | Z1. | Z-1.1 | depth$ -1. | tool_op$ 2. | op_id$ 2. | 
OP#_210 | G56 |  | T2 |  1/2 CARBIDE DRILL  | S7500 | F112.5 | depth$ -2. | MASTERCAM DATA FOR IPIR PULL | G56 | Z1. | Z-2.1 | depth$ -2. | tool_op$ 2. | op_id$ 3. | 
OP#_300 | G56 |  | T3 | 2.2 MM DRILL | S4000 | F112.5 | depth$ -2.1 | MASTERCAM DATA FOR IPIR PULL | G56 | Z1. | Z-2.2 | depth$ -2.1 | tool_op$ 2. | op_id$ 4. | 

Very hard to answer this without more detailed information..

Its unclear where you have this called or if you have it called from multiple locatiosn.. keep in mind we cannot see your post file so .. its impossible to know what is going on other than to make educated guesses..

Also.. your data doesn't match your code.. so either you hand edited it or something .. cause the text that's in there is not shown in your buffer code.. so either there is code that's not shown.. or the result is edited .. either way.. leaves me wondering what's going on..

I would say if you want an answer we need at a minimum .. your code.. all that is relevant to the question.. not just bits of it.. and a detailed explanation of where you call each part from.

You also need to provide the data to go with it as well.. so basically.. a copy of what the buffer file 'should' look like not just a copy of what you are currently getting..