Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NETHook create operation

In C#, MX9:

When creating a new pocket operation, a new machining group is also being created. Even though one already exists.

And the first time I commit the new operation, a third machining group is created. Is this normal?

It can be worked around, but I would like to create the operation in the active machining group without creating new ones. Is there a way to do this?

Mastercam.Operations.PocketOperation op = new Mastercam.Operations.PocketOperation();
op.Commit();

I am unable to duplicate what you are describing.

I dropped this code into a NET-Hook and running it in X9 I get=>
If no Machine Group, exists, a “default” Mill group  will be created for the new Pocket Operation.

If a Machine Group, already exists, another is not created and the new Pocket Operation is added to this existing Machine Group.

Interesting. Thank you for looking into it.

I'll create a test case separate from my main code and try again.

Sam,

I did some more testing and I can replicate what you are seeing.

If you have any machine group active other than a Mill group the code will create multiple machine groups. However, if the active machine group is Mill it works as expected. I believe this defect was fixed in Mastercam 2017 and possibly X9 Update 3 but Roger will be able to verify this.

post-4901-0-25296500-1449926957_thumb.png

Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.