Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VBS - Create Ruled/Lofted Surface & Create Curve at Intersection

Good Afternoon All,

First time poster here. I am trying to speed up a task that is repeated multiple times a day by using VBS. I've had some luck picking apart the examples and using what I need for some but am not finding much for Creating Ruled/Lofted Surfaces and Creating Curve at Intersection.

So my usual routine is...

1) Create 8 Levels

2) Import Parasolid

3) Save as a MasterCam File

4) Rotate the View

5) Change the WCS

6) Draw a couple lines

7) Create a Ruled/Lofted Surface Between the Lines

8) Create a Curve at the intersection of the Lofted Surface from the model

9) Delete everything but the New Curve

I have 1-6 knocked out but cannot seem to find much on 7-9. Can anyone help me with the last few steps? Or maybe point me in the direction of some more examples I can pick apart?

Thanks!

James

Here is what I have for step 6 that I'd like to make a surface between...

Sub CreateOutline() '//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 'Create Upper/Lower Lines For Slicing '//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Dim CLine Dim intRet Set CLine  = New McLn   With CLine  .X1 = 10  .Y1 = -40  .Z1 = 0  .X2 = 10  .Y2 = 40  .Z2 = 0  intRet = CreateLine(CLine, mcCONSTRUCTION_COLOR_CURRENT, 1)  .X1 = -15  .Y1 = -40  .Z1 = 0  .X2 = -15  .Y2 = 40  .Z2 = 0  intRet = CreateLine(CLine, mcCONSTRUCTION_COLOR_CURRENT, 1) End With       	 Set CLine = Nothing Call RepaintScreen(True)End Sub