Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Converting Catia R5-6 V2013 to MC X8 HLE

Rickg5106

I have a Catia Solid that I am trying to import into X8 for an HSM class project.

I have saved the Catia file to multiple files extentions (step, igs, dfx, dwg, 3dm) trying to get something I can use in X8. When I open the various files in X8, I get the solid most times but I cannot get any line that I can manipulate or select for chains.

I am at a loss.

Any help?

Thanks in advance, Rick

Hi Rick,

When you go to open your file in Mastercam, select it and then hit the "options" button. Make sure "Edge curves" is selected. Note that not all filetypes have this option, I know it works with .STP, .DWG, .X_T, but not .IGS. If you've already opened the file in Mastercam you can select "create > curve" and then either "curve on one edge" or "curve on all edges." I've recorded a short video showing how to do so, I used X9 but it should be the same in X8: http://screencast.com/t/mov2rw5Qg2

With "create curves on all edges" what I did was select the command, then I hit "CTRL + A" to select everything, then hit enter. Someone else might be able to show you a more efficient way to do what you need but this should get you started!