Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help finishing mplmaster for haas live tool lathe

A couple of you guys helped me a while ago with my vf5 and now that i have that kinda working i started on the new live tool lathe. I know about the whole switching it metric and changing the c axis diameter in the control so it reads degrees per minute, but nfortunately i can't do that on this workcenter. So my issue is how the hell does one get real c axis feedrates out of mastercam for a haas. The control doesn't support inverse, dpm only works in metric, and i can't seem to find how to get the ipm feedrate to change along the toolpath. If i use ipm what would i set the caxis diameter in the control to? I've gotten good results out of g112 but that requires i edit the hell out of the code and lie to it, i have to post it out in g17 right side plane pretending to use the y axis as haas uses x and y for face interep instead of x and c, i think given enough time i could figure out how to flip the c to y it's gotta be in the g112 area somewhere, but then also need the x values to go back to radius instead of diameter as x diameter in g112 on a haas makes a whole lot of unrecognizable scrap, but it can only do that during the g112, it still needs to be in diameter for the initial positioning before the g112. if i could just get the c-axis feedrate figured out i could say to hell with g112 and be done with it. forgot to mention it's x5 mplmaster and i have almost everything else fixed already unless i'm missing something, g76 is fixed, mcodes are fixed, p live tool adress is fixed, drill retract height is fixed, comments that were to long is fixed, machine rpm limits and travel limits are fixed, it's just down to c axis feed, and the radial drill cyces but not worrying about that yet. I'm kinda proud of what i've got so far, been using it as a learning experience and just want to finish it off. thank you in advance.

i wouldn't know about that one i've just been funning around with the mplmaster. it really is a decent post once you change a bunch of stuff, a lot of the changes were simple remove a # here, change a variable there. I've asked haas WTF they won't let you change setting 102 to 114.5 when working in standard units. If i could flip the machine to metric i could just feed in degrees per minute and be done with it but NOOOOOOO. Oh man it's late, at least using the g112 i can get it to change feedrate that way but anything else is just straight not gonna be right if i use the C. Do you have any issues with your post that maybe i've already fixed?

I have a few issues but right now I have no time to do it. But the Generic Haas SL 4X MT_ Lathe post is the one comes with Mastercam.

For Haas live tooling you need to have IPM feed rate.

To force IPM, I added a switch variable to the top of thePost:

force_ipm : 1 #Force IPM output for all toolpaths

find this section in your post and add " force_ipm " to the line

pfcalc #Feedrate calculations, gcode 0 does not evaluate

if abs(c_wnd-prvc_wnd) < vtol$ | c_axistype = three | drillcur$

| ipr_type=zero | prv_pnt_at_zero | gcode$ = zero | force_ipm, pfcalc_u_min <----------- add " force_ipm " to this line

else, pfclc_deg_inv

the problem is that the ipm feedrate is not interpretted correctly by the control. if yo program 20ipm it moves the same speed wether you are on a 1"daimeter or a 10" diameter all based on what you have set for the c axis size setting. if there is some way i'm supposed to go around that, that i don't know then that would do it to.

• 2 years later...