Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL LIST REPORTS

Dave Allen

I can't understand that when I create a detailed tool list in active reports X8  the tip angle of a flat endmill is 45* but on a bullmill the tip angle is correct at180*. It was the same way in X5, Can anyone explain the logic here or how to fix this. The operators think I want them to use a chamfer mill. Attached is a copy of my simple mill tool list. all the flat endmills are 45 have a 45 degree tip angle

tool list (mill-simple).pdf

Hello Dave,

I see this when I use X+ for my setup sheets (using X5). What I found was it is pulling the value that is stored under the facemill dialog. Not sure if this is related or not but I was able to fix this by changing the tool type to a facemill changing the angle there and then changing the tool back to a square endmill. You usually have to reenter all the tool dimensions again so it is best to change the angle first.

I have not seen this in X8. I would guess that is from me not importing any tools from X5 to X8.

I did notice on on the bottom of the  "Define Tool Geometry" page (in the tool manager) there is a darker grey bar with a down arrow on it. If you click that it will allow change the taper angle of the tool. You might be able to fix it with that.

I don't use active reports and I was not able to get view like the list you provided. The one report that I was able to make did show the correct angle for the tool that I had.

Hope this helps.

-Wes

Hi Wes

Yes the taper angle appears to be the problem, in so much as it is what is being defined in active reports as a tip angle on endmills. I could change it to 180*  but then I won't get a proper shank transition in backplot. Showing the shank angle is very handy on miniture endmills working in very tight areas. Also if I do that I'll have ball end-mills showing a 180* tip angle which is a bit bogus for the operator at the machine.

Thanks