Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Codemeter License server not found

Ants331

I have 2021 using Codemeter, no issues until Saturday. Friday I did get an update and installed it and it was still working until Saturday morning. as soon as I turned on the computer Saturday windows keep asking if I give permission to codemeter,  this was before I tried opening MasterCam.  when I  try to open mastercam the same permission window keeps coming up until it finally says I have no active license. When trying to activate the license I get the "Codemeter License server not found, Error 101".  

Codemeter has no license, no CmContainer and just says "Starting Codemeter, Please wait"

• Thanks 1

We recently updated to a nethasp or whatever they call it. I still had older versions of MC installed on my computer. Come to find out I was using the older versions for outputting NC code, Cimco edit is my preference. I was getting simullar alarms. The new Hasp would only work with newer versions of mc so my 2020 was linked to 2017 on my computer and the nethasp wouldn't work with the old. Had to uninstall all older versions and rename or delete the folders and reinstall or do a repair to 2020. Worked after that. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ants331 said:

I have 2021 using Codemeter, no issues until Saturday. Friday I did get an update and installed it and it was still working until Saturday morning. as soon as I turned on the computer Saturday windows keep asking if I give permission to codemeter,  this was before I tried opening MasterCam.  when I  try to open mastercam the same permission window keeps coming up until it finally says I have no active license. When trying to activate the license I get the "Codemeter License server not found, Error 101".  

Codemeter has no license, no CmContainer and just says "Starting Codemeter, Please wait"

Sounds like Codemeter got a bit bunged up after the update, you should call your reseller and have them check it out. They will probably have you uninstall your license, reinstall Codemeter, then reinstall your license.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, Dan@home said:

We recently updated to a nethasp or whatever they call it. I still had older versions of MC installed on my computer. Come to find out I was using the older versions for outputting NC code, Cimco edit is my preference. I was getting simullar alarms. The new Hasp would only work with newer versions of mc so my 2020 was linked to 2017 on my computer and the nethasp wouldn't work with the old. Had to uninstall all older versions and rename or delete the folders and reinstall or do a repair to 2020. Worked after that. 

Sounds like a Network software license. Software licenses are only supported in versions 2019 and newer. Hopefully your reseller actually told you or someone above you about that before the changeover.