Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C-axis rotation

Hello People

To start with, my apologies if I don't properly describe the problem, English is not my native language and I don't write posts myself. So if not a solution any information would be very welcome, I'm learning here.

I post here cause.. well, you never know how a cow caches a hare.

So we've ruin into an issue writing a post for a DMG DMU 80P with Heidenhain 530 control. It has a nutating head that rotates the B-axis at a 45-degree angle and a rotating table C-axis, picture attached.

The issue we're struggling with is that when the C-axis needs to make multiple rotations it goes to 359 and then back in the opposite direction to get what would be -1 or 361. Now it is able to do 36000 degree but no matter what we try it makes one rotation and then just rotates back... did anyone run into a similar problem and solved it?

M126 Shortest-path traverse of rotary axes didn't seem to have the wanted effect.

Another issue we run into, which is already solved as far as I understand but I'd still like to learn more. When indexing, the machine uses an M-code to calculate where the head and table must be, since a 45-degree angle on a surface on the workpiece is not at 45-degree angle for the B and C-axis in reality. But when doing the same when trying to use 5 axis at the same time this M-code didn't seem to work. I think the programmer writing the post solved this by inserting a formula and writing out the exact coordinates for both B and C axis. As far as I understand this is related to a transformation matrix.

I've been searching for more information on the subject but its bits and pieces so far.

DMG DMU 80.png