Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation Linking

1 minute ago, Roger Martin from CNC Software said:

https://my.mastercam.com/communities/3rd-party-developers/c-hook-downloads/
Under "Mastercam C-Hook documents", see the "How to figure out which lib file is missing!" document.

I get hit with a "You do not have permission to view this content." error. I contacted Sales but they seem confused as well 🤷‍♂️

Congratulations on retirement by the way! :D

I get hit with a "You do not have permission to view this content." error. I contacted Sales but they seem confused as well

Shoot an email to [email protected] with all your company contact info.

Also, if you send a message to sdk inbox, I can reply to that with the "How to figure out which lib file is missing!" document.

Finally got it to work. Admin rights are awful 😅

So I found the lib file I'm going to use, but it's not letting me call the method. What else am I missing?

Extrude solid from chain and then cut that solid with other chains.

I'll move on to draft dimensions after that.

Does adding the LIB add more .h files? And I need to find which one it lives in?

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, JKLINE said:

Finally got it to work. Admin rights are awful 😅

So I found the lib file I'm going to use, but it's not letting me call the method. What else am I missing?

Extrude solid from chain and then cut that solid with other chains.

I'll move on to draft dimensions after that.

Does adding the LIB add more .h files? And I need to find which one it lives in?

"Does adding the LIB add more .h files? And I need to find which one it lives in?"

>> not all the functions in the lib file are in the sdk headers, if they are not, you need to write the function definition yourself

"Does adding the LIB add more .h files? And I need to find which one it lives in?"

>> no

"Extrude solid from chain and then cut that solid with other chains."

>> the function you seek is called sld_new_extrude

Ah, found the magic answer.

Search for general idea, find in LIB and add that LIB, then Find in files (mastercam folder) the function name and then #include that file.h

I needed #include "SolidsExtrude_CH.h" but didn't see it in my external dependencies so I didn't think I could use it. 🤦‍♂️