Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Defining High Feed End Mills

Ive read through the forums and found that most people are defining their high feed end mills as a bull nose.    Im using this tool https://catalog.tungaloy.com/item.aspx?cat=6735264&fnum=1707&mapp=ml&app=562&Lang=en&GFSTYP=i&isoD=      with the high feed HJ Inserts.  Ive got got diamater at 1.25 but Im not seeing how to figure the radius that should be used.  Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I only have experience with helical high feed endmills, on their site they have the file available for download that has a 2d wireframe of the tool profile where you just create a custom tool with the geometry from a certain level in mastercam.

Since high feed endmills typically have multiple radii on the cutting edge, I'd suggest just getting the .STP or .DXF from tungaloy. (on the tool description page you posted, under "files package" you can apply for said files (weird they wouldn't just give them lol)

xxx.png

On 9/7/2023 at 10:37 AM, Kyle F said:

I only have experience with helical high feed endmills, on their site they have the file available for download that has a 2d wireframe of the tool profile where you just create a custom tool with the geometry from a certain level in mastercam.

Since high feed endmills typically have multiple radii on the cutting edge, I'd suggest just getting the .STP or .DXF from tungaloy. (on the tool description page you posted, under "files package" you can apply for said files (weird they wouldn't just give them lol)

xxx.png

Or, just go caveman and put the tool on your optical comparator and get all the angles and radii, scribble it down on a napkin, and punch all the relevant data into the tool description window.