Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom SDK Tool to Export Mill Tool Information from .mcam files to Excel

Hello,

I’m trying to use the Mastercam SDK to build a C++ application that allows me to open a mastercam file and run c-hook functions to extract information about the tools used in the mcam file. I have succeeded in building a c-hook that compiles into a DLL file that I can open using the “Run add in” functionality on the Mastercam gui. However, now I want to create an executable that automatically opens a mastercam file and runs the add in without running the actual mastercam application. That way I can write another for-loop that goes through all my mcam files and extract the relevant information I want. Can you do that using the sdk?

I’m new to C++ but have developed applications using Python before. Here’s a psuedocode for what I’m trying to do:

· For “.mcam file” in “.mcam folder”:

- open individual .mcam file using sdk functionality

- parse through Cnc::Tool::TlAssemblyCPtr variables of that .mcam file and store specific variables into a separate vector

- export that data into an excel or csv

This seems like it should be doable with the sdk but I can’t find any examples of creating something outside of an “add-in”

Thanks in advance!