Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Top Of Stock needed for Set-Up Sheet

ronengineer

Hello All,

I am trying to configure a set-up sheet in mill to auto calculate the tool length required and I have hit a bit of a brick wall.

I hoped to be able to subtract the max z depth (which I have) from the top of stock (which I need) to give me the min length of tool needed sticking out.

I have looked a the TOSZ variable but this works only for drilling cycles, and I have tried to capture 10027 using pparameter but I think I am doing something wrong as this always returns 0.

The set file is configured to write the values to the binary ops file (q1501=n q1502=y). I have tried writing the values to the NCI but they don't appear in the file as 10000 lines.

I need this to work on all planes (so it's good for our multi-axis stuff).

Is there another variable name which stores the top-of-stock ?

Can anyone help ?

We are on v9.1 sp2.

Cheers.

Ronengineer,

Does you post have a postblock called "pwrttparam"? If it doesn't, add it somewhere before the psof postblock. If it does, add the postline "if prmcode=10027, sav_tosz=rpar(sparameter,1)". Then initialize a variable to capture the value in parameter 10027 (I used sav_tosz). In the ptlchg postblock I added the postline "~sav_tosz,e" which outputs the value in sav_tosz into my NC code to see if I was capturing the proper value.

EX.

pwrttparam #Information from parameters

if prmcode = 10027, sav_tosz = rpar(sparameter,1)

HTH

Rob

rob p,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I took so long to respond I got called away to do other things.

My post didn't have a pwrttparam in it so I added it but I am still not getting any values returned.

Did you fmt your sav_tosz parameter ?

Could I ask what your q1501 & q1502 are set to ?

Cheers again for your help.

rob b (aka ronengineer)

Rob,

You prompted me to look at the pst file settings and that has solved my problem !

I had only changed q1501 & q1502 in the set file, thinking that this drives the set-up sheet without realising the values need setting in the post.

By setting q1502 to y in the post, the values I need are now being returned, and it all works. biggrin.gif

Thanks once again for taking the time to help,

Regards,

Rob aka ronengineer