Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t Need a VMC to support our 3 Horz.

wtsylvester

So we got 3 Horz.<2-Makino A51 - 1 Mori NH5000>

We have some volume jobs on the Mak's , but it's been small lots on the mori. I feel and so do some of the others here that we really need a VMC to fill in the gap ... if nothing else remove some of the 2nd op stuff off the high dollar machines.

I want to submit a request to get us a vertical which is going to be met with some objections upstairs ... unless I have some bullet-proof points..... not my own smile.gif

So if anyone has any links they would like to share or any type of good info in this direction... boy you make a lot of guys in the shop happy here smile.gif

Looking at a VF-4 ....$80k

Tia

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...if nothing else remove some of the 2nd op stuff off the high dollar machines...

This is a joke right? You don't get complete parts off your horizontals? If not, I'd look... check that, I'd SERIOUSLY look at changing how I hold onto things and look at tooling so that I can get complete parts off the Horizontals. The less you handle the parts the more money you'll make on them. See in order to remain competitive in a Global Economy you have to do things better and cheaper than the other guy. You don't have any control over fixed costs. You can just take labor out of the parts. We even go so far as to deburr the parts in the machine to take handling out of parts.

Only if it's not possible to get to everything would I then consider buying a VMC. For secondary Ops you would probably be served well with a Haas unless you do close tolerance work in which I'd look at a Mori NV-5000.

JM2C