Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster for horiz indexer / force B at tc

Hello,

I am been trying to figure out how to take a box stock mpmaster 9.1sp2 post and set it up for an Horizontal machine with an indexer. The problem is that we need it to force the B output at tc even if it does not change. This is just a safety issue so that you can just search for a tool and hit go. I have been using the mpmaster post on full rotary horizontals for years with great success but I just can't figure this out. I am very weak in posts and am getting lost when it goes from pindex to indx_out. I did a search and found this some stuff but I still could not figure it out.

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...t=011296#000002

Any help is greatly apprciated,

Thanks,

Mike

IMHO you should forget about the index variable (leave it at 0) and just use:

vmc : 0

rot_on_x : 2

srotary "B"

Front is B0.

Just make sure that your toolplane land on the quantum B index step.

I find that you don't really ever want the post to round your B angle to a quantum index step, because your coordinates will be out. Better to see that B is wrong, adjust toolplane, repost. I've never found cause to use index : 1.

Dave,

Do you mean that just say it is a full rotary machine and adjust formatting accordingly?

This:

index : 0 #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only

Not this:

index : 1 #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only

?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Thanks Dave,

I may have used the wrong terminology about the formatting but I think I may be talking about a few simple things like a decimal point in the "B" address. I can do this easy. I am going to work on this post later today as I have to get some stuff done for Monday morning.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

I'd go for simple

Just hard code G0 G90 B0. and m-code if needed in the ptlchg_com routine of the post .After it has read the work offset , you may need to break that line into a couple of lines so you don't have 2 m-codes on the same line, just make sure it's before the "G43" line and after the w/o read

watch your commas and lil e's

And set your B offset in the work offsets of the machine, so it will B zero to that value, after all you are already there for your xyz offset values smile.gif

hmm that leaves pallet check :)But then the machine can control that too.

From what I saw at IMTS 10 will have a program that helps one to setup a post now, instead of having to go thru all of this

We got 300+ work offsets, but no tooling

curse.gif

And lazy susaning the parts in and out is our current method bonk.gif

Thanks for the tips wtsylvester but we must be able to have the post output the B rotations according to the tool plane. IOW, we may not start on B0. The mpmaster works real well for all of the full forth machines so I will just set the index variable as I believe Dave was saying:

index : 0 #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only

I just thought that since it was an indexer I would just change to index : 1.

Thanks,

Mike