Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for Bullines

mcamininc

Sorry but you seem to be the video card guru - hoping this would get your attention and others.

I posted a question about the quadro 4 chpset that I am having trouble with.

Here is the question again:

Board is Compaq, chip set=Quadro4 750XGL, 128 MEG

Computer is a Dell Dimension 4600 with 1 Gig of RAM.

Problem is as follows:

Cannot shade correctly. Tried turning doen hardware accel. set refresh rate to 60HZ - set opengl to off in MC - nothing seems to work.

Please help

quote:

Is it better to uninstall and install these drivers in safe mode ?

Yes. Normally what I do is:

1. Uninstall the old nVIDIA drivers from the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel.

2. Reboot into Safe Mode and cancel any attempts to install video drivers if Windows detects a display adapter.

3. Install the new nVIDIA drivers.

4. Reboot Windows normally.

The last thing you want to do is allow Windows to use its own nVIDIA drivers.

There aren't any real optimum settings for Mastercam, per se. But I would leave AA off. Another option I would turn off is Vsync. I can't recall if the option is available for OpenGL by default or not. I know you need to apply the CoolBits tweak to be able to disable Vsync for DirectX.

Another simple setting is to use 16-bit colour depth instead of anything higher, such as 32-bit. The 32-bit setting uses the Windows software colour palette only. Good in most cases but for apps like Mastercam, they seem to prefer 16-bit colour (the 16-bit uses only uses the software palette when it can't find a colour in the hardware's palette).

Start with those and let me know how it goes.