Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converting mc8 to mc9 files

wildcat99

I would like to convert approx 40 programs from MC8 to MC9. In v9.1 I can open and save each MC8 file, but then have to go through each operation and tweak a few things to make sure it posts out the same. Very time consuming to tweak, post and file compare 40 programs with an average of 15 operations each.

One example is a swarf 5axis, 2 wall passes with stock left on the walls and no retract between passes in v8. After converting to v9, I have to:

1. Change the Retract and Clearance values

2. Enter the stock to leave on walls value

3. Check the "Keep Tool Down" box, etc

Is there a quicker, fail-safe way to do this conversion? I did a search on this and read a little about a VB Script, but I don't know if that's the answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help. cheers.gif

BerTau - Not a big deal, that's what I've been doing, but would like to convert everything to v9 to keep it consistent. V9 makes it easier when modifying operations, implementing revisions, etc. Also our v9 post is more bulletproof (less editing and manual entries).

I am just cleaning up a little, so when X arrives I won't have to run 3 different versions of Mcam and 3 different post processors.