Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-Axis Post for Fadal

drago

Is there such a thing?

All the fadal posts that come with MC, are 4 axis only. Is there a way to modify them, so they can work in 5-axis. I'm not trying to do anything fancy like airfoil milling or something, I'm just interested in getting it to do simple milling and drilling in 5-axes.

I did some post editing before, so i figure i give it a shot, if it's possible at all.

I haven't seen one, but I could be wrong. A couple ways to deal with this though. You could take the 4 axis post and modify for Misc integers/reals to make it spit out positions for 5 axis. Basically you control the outputs with MI and MR. This only works for indexing work though since the logic isn't there for rotating 5th.

Or take one of the 5axis posts available from the CD (should be in the MC 'Posts' folder too if you didn't delete them all) and modify it for the outputs for your machine.

Things can get tricky though so if you get stuck, ask the questions and the forum can probably help you get through it. Is your dealer worthwhile? They can probably help you too directly. I've had to write my own so I know it can be done. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

My Fadal 5 axis post was supplied with my purchase of Mastercam. Not only does it post 5 axis code for machining, but it also posts code for 5 axis probing on my fixture cool.gif

Needless to say, I'm very happy with my my post!

You'll definitely get the straight info here if you ask the right questions.

Good luck with your project.

cheers.gif

Richard smile.gif

Richs was built for his special setup.

What is your setup rotary on rotary?

We havea 5 axis post for this to.

If you come to Westec if you are in California are offcie is programing an impeller for fadal to be shown at the show.

Have your dealer contact Cad-Cam consulting about this post.