Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Drilling problem

Joeyls319

Morning everyone.

I'm having a drilling problem and I don't understand why. I'm drilling a couple of holes on a contoured surface. I'm rotating on the

x-axis into position. I selected points which are in the center of my holes. I selected flat surfaces to stay perpendicular to. The problem is that when I run it through back plot it wants to drill on the side (quadrant point)of the hole and not in the center. I don't know why and I can't quite figure it out how to fix it. I can work around it but I would like to fix it correctly and know why it does it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks ahead of time.

Joey

Sounds like it may simply be the way you are picking the points.

If your holes are arcs and not splines, try:

Toolpaths> Drill> Manual> Center, then pick the arc instead of trying to pick the center point itself. It may just be that when you click it, the cursor is snapping to the endpoint, midpoint, or quadrant of the arc instead of your intended center point. biggrin.gif

Hmmmmm.

Is this a multiaxis drill toolpath? If so, the tip control parameter should be set to 'original point' instead of 'projected point' or 'surface comp'. I think changing these settings will cause a condition similar to what you describe.

Other than that, I'm stumped too. headscratch.gif

Sorry I couldn't offer more help. I'm sure someone here in the forum will be able to set you straight. biggrin.gif