Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

USB printer problem

Since installing a new HP6540 USB printer, we are having a problem when printing CNC code from within CIMCO edit. The first page prints the header and then the rest of the page is blank. The following pages print OK. We have contacted Mastercam, HP and CIMCO regarding this problem without results.

We are using Windows 98 and a paralell printer port dongle.

Our old HP682 paralell port printer worked OK until it died.

Anybody have any idea what may be the problem.

Thanks Rolf

Rolf, welcome to the forum

cheers.gif

Are you sure that your cable for the printer is a bi-directional printer? That could possibly be the culprit if you are using the same cable as your "ex" printer.

HTH

Hello Rolf!

Welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

I seem to remember that Win '98 had some usb issues. I think that there is an update utility that may help you out. I cant remember what it was and Microsoft no longer supports win '98, So:

I'm hoping that all me forum friends will pitch in here and solve your problem. I really think that there was an update from Micosoft for USB stuff.

-Keith from home

Thanks to everyone,

I have resolved this issue. It was a HP print driver problem. By installing a HP 550C print driver everything works OK. However this will not solve the problem with all HP printers.

Thanks again Rolf