Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

radius toolpath problem

stanfield

Stanfield,

There aren't any cuts in you file? There is nothing to compare to or check for you. How did you do it?

What type of material is it? Surface finish requirements and Tolerance?

If possible, I believe that the fastest cycle time will be with a simple parallel cut. If you have a decent machine, you can fly on the feedrate.

The only ball mill in the program is a 1/4". This is to small as it requires a much smaller stepover. Can you use a 3/4" or at least 1/2" ?

Mike

sorry about the link and the toolpath. I revised the upload and it now has the toolpath suggests by nunu, total run time 16 hours and change. I was thinking of spiraling a pocket but with multipass, starting on the outside at 0 and ending inside at -.330, possible?

the file in in the same folder MC9

file name: 25 FT RADIUS.MC9

sorry it won't let me copy the link.

thanks,

mike

bernie,

it will be 3/4" mdf. I run a techno so my speed usually is around 50-60 ipm, rpm 18,000.

the curve is needed to use as a mold for a guitar top. the wireframe sounds good but I am unclear about how to do that.

I think the circular path at about 1/8" per pass will be easier on my machine. how do I change it?

thanks,

mike

stanfield, look at 25 ft radius-bt.zip in the MC9 folder.

I used Surf-Finish-Project-Blend-Spiral. Made a circle at the outside of the surface and a .06 circle at the center for boundries

3/4 ball, 18000 rpm, .05 stepover, 90 ipm, about 2 1/4 hrs run time.

HTH