Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC X -Tool libraries

Kelly Burns

Im having trouble exporting opertations into a different library other than the default. Ive tried to change the path in the files selection in the toolpath manager and it says there are no toolpaths in the folder I want to use.(It wont let me change directories) confused.gifheadscratch.gif So I go and try to export a toolpath into that folder and it wont let me store one any place else than the original default folder. This is not working for me like 9.1 did. Im sure it is only an operator error; Ive looked at previous topics and nothing talks about any procedure for systemizing libraries. Any Ideas?

The way I did this was to right-click in the ops manager and choose Export (this is how I start doing it in V9 too by the way, but it was called Save To Library). In the box that appears you can press the browse button next to the file name and there you will have a "make new folder" button. You can rename the folder at that point.

Highlight it, press OK, and then you can type in a name for your new operations library (you don't have to type in the extension xxx.OPERATIONS; it adds that automatically)

I believe that only after you have created a new library like this, should you go into the Files section and get Mcam to use it for this part-file.

[ 08-14-2005, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Rich Thomas ]