Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ART and X

DOES ANYONE KNOW what the situation is regarding MCX & ART as I have now got Ver 9 MC with ART (still not running and not a single dollar job as yet AND still NO POST PROCESSOR )and just got X but no ART add on,. Is it wise to waste time learning the X software platform if MC have not got a plan to update ART.??? banghead.gif

I guess I am alone in this problem ( I am sure I am the only person in the world with ART, as I never see any forum requests info etc). Getting a bit P***ed off and almost convinced I should have gone to DELCAM maybe still will. curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

Your question is 3 fold:

1. If you already have V9 Art it should be running fine and it is supported with all the post processors which are supplied with Mastercam. If you need help learning or setting up Art we will be happy to help you.

2. We are currently testing X Art and are planning to release Art X Beta shortly. We are adding functionality to the existing ones.

3. You might be alone with your problem, but you are not alone as an Art customer. If you take a better look you will find many strings talking about Art issues.

And if you realy are a Mastercam customer you will never be alone . . . all you have to do is ask for help.

Is it smart to learn something new?

I let you answer that question.

Karlo,

thanks for the reply, but it leads me to ask, how many seats/licences paid for copies of Mastercam Art are there a). In the USA and B). Out of the USA.

Also regarding the post, my reseller says he has asked you for a post and received a " no you do not have " response, he then sent a request to France MC( the home of the NUM control I have ) and they have not responded at all. Yes I am sure we could eventually get it working but at what cost to all parties concerned.

Here is another problem, I now have Router ver 9 with ART, you say that a beta is in progress, ( not wanting to be a bitch but according to this forum to X from beta took around 5 years) I know there is no way you are going to

" update" version 9 MC or ver 9 ART ( because X is so different and why would you waste the resourse)so that was why I asked the initial question about learning X when there is only a remote possibility of getting ART X in the distant future, as you said it is Beta ( to me means full of bugs and glitches ( I was a beta tester for Microsoft win 95/98).

Other issues that are a major sense of agravation to me are.

With the raster to vector convertor if I get a file from the Classic library or data of say a tree/bird follow the instructions of the manual to the letter to convert it to vectors,

( centerlines)it produces more than 1 line in the centre even if I move the herring/fish bone slider to 20% ( more than that and it generates an error can't vectorise file ) so when I start to chain it I get broken chain errors, not linked etc. etc. and a lot of times the system just crashes and the message is "An unknown error has occured please close art and return to the last stable ....... and it then closes the whole MC program and generates a windows " should I send to microsoft la la la etc error report..

Finally you offer help learning ART , I presume that I must travel to or phone the USA because as a result of my being ( I believe ) the only seat in Australia I am the expert, and believe me after many days of trying to learn the program from the poor manuals and help files I think I am smart enought to know I know nothing.

Any other suggestion would be welcome.

Sir,

Your frustration comes across loud and clear.

Unfortunatelly I can not help you there, since the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

What I can do is to offer my help with any projects you maybe working on. If there are any please email detailed information to [email protected]

I invite you to send the same info and files to any other software company in order to compare apples to apples.

The mind is like a parashute - it only works when it is open.

I

Hello Vamvany,

We're sorry to hear that the manual and online help that accompanied Mastercam Art did not meet your needs. We are working on improving both for the release of Mastercam X Art.

We appreciate all feedback. If there are particular areas that you found confusing or unhelpful (we know that the online help was incomplete and we apologize for that), please give us details.

Best regards,

Eileen Lumsden

Manager

Technical Publications

CNC Software, Inc.

I have a sugestion that with some time might help.

If CNC were to, covertly, send out a seat of MCArt (au gratis) to a number (20 or so) of provenly valuable forum members, they could learn ART and then be a resource to enable new ART users overcome their difficulties.

Karlo and Eileen,

I want to commend you on you amazing display of restraint. Very professional.

Phil