Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Relief Background in MC Art

I am having a problem, in that when I set up Art to start creating the surfaces the first step is file, new relief, I can get the sizes correct etc but I would like to know is it possible to dissapear the relief ""blue"" 152 default color back ground either out of the picture all together until I am finished creating the surfaces or alternatively dull it down to a very light shade so I can see the drawing lines which now dissapear into the blue/grey/green or whatever color I choose it seems to make no difference.

I find the background colors far too powerful and they blank out everything and make it impossible ( for me ) to see the construction lines.

The next problem I am having is when selecting chains I select say 15 chains that all turn white ( as I would expect a continous chain to ) and then when I am ready to apply a surface I get the error messagge that some of the chains are not closed da da da da. Why does it turn them white if they are not useable at that point instead of waiting until you have selected maybe a 100 chains, and then how do I find which ones are "broken" and how do I repair them.

hope someone can assist.

chris f

OK ur first Q is about making the geometry visible, right?

First, you will not see any wireframe on the relief because it is at the bottom of the relief. So, if u want to see it, u need to turn shading off (ALT + S). If your grid is dense (100), u need to zoom in to see the wire frame. Next step is to reduce the grid density and resolution from the relief manager if want to see the wireframe at full view. (Notice you lose view accuracy of the relief, overall quality of the relief is not changed).

For the broken Chain Q:

I think you have to do it one by one until you found the culprit. it could be disconnected, overlapping, da,da,da...

Is this the answer ur looking for?

Thanks Yogesh, but no I have tried to reduce the resolution even to 2 and the blue still powers thru The shading you speak of,Alt S I only use to see a sort of verified view of what it should like like after completion.

I would like the blue to be about 10% as dark as it is as I find it difficult to zoom in and out using the types of relief I have. I actually dont know why it is there in the first place and should be switchable on/off using a hot key which would speed up things here.

Also regarding the broken chains I have reduced the chain tolerance to 0.1 and when you select them they light up white showing the complete chain, yet when you come to relief it I get the broken chain errors, incidently MC told me it was the quality of the image, what they did not know is that it is one of their images of a bird supplied with Art, and I do not know how to find the breaks in the chains.

Some good educational help with the package would also assist.

thanks

chris

Ok, could u point to the file u r using,

and could u specify the exact setting that u were using when having the problem, like import settings, grid, res., the tolerances?

and the steps u did to get the problem?

maybe someone in the forum can spot something.

i'll try this evening and get back 2 u tommorrow.

i'm interested 2 know because i'm still learning MC Art myself...