Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library

AETOOLS

Our Tool, Ops, Posts,and Material libraries reside on a network drive. We like it this way so when a new tool is added or post is updated all users are using the same. Seems in X it does not like it. I have changed the settings in master cam configuration and save it. If I go back to settings it says it is looking in the tool directory on the network that I pointed it to but while doing tool paths I go to select a tool and it is still using the default library on my local C drive. Are there any fixes for this. Our custom tooling is also on the network drive and every time I open a part program with a custom tool it can't find it so I need to go threw and reselect the tool and regen every time I open the file!!!!

I'm guessing here because I'm contemplating on doing the same thing.

Where does your MMD (machine definition) files reside? In the system default, you can set it to the network, but when you open a machine def. file, theres a setting in there too to search for the tool library associated to it. I'm assuming, each MMD file (if its at each station) has to be set for the network tool library as well.

cheers.gif

Unless someone else knows otherwise...

If you go into the machine definition manager, and inside of there, you edit the general machine parameters,(n the upper left corner) you will find the path to the tool library. I have ours mapped to the network as well and I'm having no problems..My machine definition is local on each box.

in the settings configuration, files, I am also reading the post, and tool library off of the server.

HTH

cheers.gif