Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Machine Group Properties

PBpaul

I run MCamX and by default, under Machine Group 1, Properties, it correctly shows "Machine Definition Created by Updatepost.dll".

I now open a Rhino Drawing and Properties changes to "Generic Mill".

Where is this coming from and how might I stop it from happening?

BTW, I've done the SP1 update and the update to the update.

Thanks- PBPaul

Thanks, Psychomill. I had this thing working at one time and then in the course of installing the update1 to SP1, I got all hung up in error messages and finally just removed X and started all over again. When I got to this, I just couldn't remember seeing it before.

Anyway, thanks again.

PBPaul

Nope, I already have it showing correctly in both places when I start Mcam X. I have what I want checked as the default on the Start/exit page and it shows up the same under Files in the Ops Mgr but as soon as I open a drawing or select "New", it changes to "Generic Mill". I can go right then and fix it but it's a pain to have to do that, plus it won't "Stick". There must be something else going on.

PBPaul

I put MCamX on a different PC and did the SP1 update and the first update to the update and when all the dust settled, this one worked fine. I can start a new drawing or open a Rhino drawing and my machine does not automatically change. On my original computer, it becomes "Generic MIll" and therefore uses the wrong post for me. As a work around, does anyone know where it might be picking up "Generic Mill"? Maybe I could rename what I want to "Generic Mill" and outsmart it that way. This is sorta like getting in your car and putting it in drive and having it back up until you either hit something or remember to put it a different forward. There has to be something somewhere that will fix this issue. Maybe I can get it back to where I have to manually select my machine each time. It would be better to not default to anything than to default to something wrong all the time.

Thanks- PBPaul