Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transform toolpath

Bill

This has been a problem for a while in previous versions.

I have several ops z level cuts. I have a mirrored component of the same and wanted to mirror the toolpaths but KEEP the cutter climb cutting so I pick reverse toolpaths.

It reverses not only the direction but the cuts from top to bottom TO bottom to top.

It would be nice if it worked correctly but seldom ever does seeing I use z level cuts most of the time.

Work around? Saving ops and regenerating on the mirrored object is what I usually have to do.

Anyone else notice this?

Billh,

If you click the "create new operations and Geometry" button that gives you an identical path on mirrored geo. is that what you meant when you said?

quote:

Work around? Saving ops and regenerating on the mirrored object is what I usually have to do.

No.

I meant I would save my original file. Keep it open and mirror all of my geometry which turns my toolpaths dirty. Then regenerate them and save the file off as a mirror of the original.

Original 4516SLT

Mirror M4516SLT

It works like that fairly easily but anyone not familiar with the transform mirror function may get bitten badly.