Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Canned Cycles on Siemens Control

Steve at JPI

Can someone tell me how the R's work on Siemens canned cycles? I have some figured out from the programming book (R3 is total drill depth), but the G83 has me a bit baffled and I can't tap at all unless I use a subprogram from the sinumerick side of the control. I'll figure out how to get them in the post later.

Also, can R's be used instead of I's & J's for circular interpolation? I tried once, and the control gave me a red "no-no" message when I did a simulation.

I'll try to give y'all a model number in a few days...I'm at home and it's at work! It's on a Deckel if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Had to dig deep for this one...

Here's a sample from an Acramatic control. I believe they are similar to Siemans in coding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

:T6 M06

N9086 (MSG, T6 - #17 DRILL)

N9087 G00 G90 H6 X-14.9205 Y-.717 Z6. S1545 M03

N9088 Z6. M08

N9089 G83 Z-.9998 R4.2599 K.0519 F10. J13 W6.

N9090 Y.033 W6.

N9091 G80 M09

N9092 M05

N9093 M26

N9094 M01

I believe the "R" is the distance from the depth (which is an incremental value) to the R plane.

HTH

Here you go!

L83 (really a G83)

R0=Dwell time at starting point

R1=First drilling depth

R2=Clearance plane

R3=Final drilling depth

R4=Dwell time at dinal drilling depth

R5=Amount of degression

R10=Retraction plane

R11= 0 or 1 (0=chip break 1=swarf removing)

L84 (really a G84)

R2=Clearance plane

R3=Final tapping depth

R4=Dwell at thread depth

R6=Direction of rotation of retraction(M04)

R7=Direction of rotation after cycle(M03)

R8=0 or 1 (0=withouth encoder 1=with encoder)

R9=Thread pitch (3/8-16 =.0625 pitch)

R10=Retraction plane

R11=Drilling axis (always=0)

And I always put a speed and feed in there just in case

hopefully this will help you,,,,,i've go tons of cycles and things, if you need some more.

Chris

OK, it's a Deckel 63V (VMC) with a Siemens Sinumerik 840D Control.

Thanks Chris, I'll try working with those variables and see what I get. How does the dgression work on R5?? R2 is the Initial Plane(hole-to-hole rapid) and R10 is where feeding starts, right?

I've been using R11 for the rapid "gap" between pecks. I.E., the distance between the rapid back into the hole and when it starts feeding again. I usually use .010. I watched the Z's on my readout and it seems to work.

The old Esprit post put the speed and feed on the same line just before the R's. I've been doing the same and will try to get all this into a post later. I want to get it right BEFORE that.

I got what I could from the badly translated Siemens book. Is there another source for Seimens code help that was originally written in English? I saw a book on a tech book website that claimed to give Seimens info, but $65 is quite a gamble to me. I'm mostly a Fanuc/HAAS/Meldas guy, but the Siemens isn't as bad as I first thought it would be.

Thanks again....will let you know how it goes.

Steve

R1 and R5 work together. R1 is the first peck. R5 is all the other pecks. So, if R1=.1 and R5=.1 and R3=1. it will peck at .1 all the way down.If your R11=0 the retraction after each peck is 1mm up (just a chip breaker)if your R11=1 the drill will retract to R10.

I normally set R2 and R10 the same value and also R1 and R5 the same value and I make R0 and R4 ZERO other wise it will dwell after each peck.

As far as speeds and feeds, I always put an F(F6.0) after the cycle on the same line and I put a speed the line after the tool change.