Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

what does this mean

ll,

I am trying to get X up to speed and I use a CNC Router so I have a post for it called 750.pST which I tried to import using the update as per the transition guide.

I cannot see the machine in the machine def file under Mill, it is there under Router and so I tried to re-import it and I now get the following error,

9 - 14 Feb 2006 03:39:01 PM - Enable debugging in the NC Output page of the post's Control Definition to debug/verify an updated post.

what gives, and how do I fix this?

chris f

I went in and deleted everything under machines in mill to get rid of all the included garbage, there was not another 750.PST under mill but there is under Router and that is also where I want it.

Router is OK but I do not know if mill can use or will use the router machine def? but it certainly wont allow me to bring in the same post for both??

quote:

I do not know if mill can use or will use the router machine def

Hi Chris, you're kind of looking at this from the wrong end. It is the machine def that determines which Mastercam product is running, so if you have a router machine def loaded, then you are running Mastercam Router, if you have a mill machine def loaded, then you are running Mastercam Mill, if you have one of each, then Mastercam switches depending on which machine group is "active" (has the red arrow in it). If you load a lathe or wire machine def in addition to a mill or router, the difference is probably easier to see. Is there some Mill feature that you need that you can't find in Router?

--Robert

Thanks Robert,

yes I have level 1 router and level 3 mill so there are a lot of surface toolpaths etc that I need in mill, that is why I am having a torrid time getting both to work.

I need router for nesting and block drilling and art and mill for the rest which is a lot and I am also running ART under Mill 3 to see if it crashes less.

thanks chris