Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gradient background slowing xform down

Saultspics

Has anyone noticed this problem?

With my grandient graphics screen set at start 232 end 254 it slows the xform drag down. A part with 28 lines and 206 arc takes about 10sec. to move.The same part with grandient off and the background color set at 255 moves as quick as I select it. A part 2300 lines, 1716 arcs, 24 splines will take over 2min. to move with grandient on. Also with a large file my screen turns white while it is selecting the part. With grandient off it takes about 10sec. to move.

Quadro 540

XP Pro

1gig ram

Stephen, the screen does not flash. It happens when I use the level manager to turn off levels I am not using. The level manager window stays up and as lines are erased, the level manager window background gets over written by the erased entities in the background color. Without the gradient background, it is a little faster but still is not immediate. I do have the hardware acceleration turned off since this setting prevents crashes.

• 2 weeks later...