Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nesting Priorities?

stickgc

I talked about ths earlier, and received a reply that there is a priority button in X but ours is grayed out.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the option is available with advanced nesting?

And now foir the rant, how many others think that when you buy a software package you should get ALL the bells and whistles, and not just a little ding and a little toot. I know it may cost a little more (hey the price doesn't need to go up that much), but you've already developed it so you might as get your money back a little at a time, have happier customers, and maybe just maybe get more business!!!

thanks for any info

g.c.

g.c.

quote:

And now foir the rant, how many others think that when you buy a software package you should get ALL the bells and whistles, and not just a little ding and a little toot. I know it may cost a little more (hey the price doesn't need to go up that much), but you've already developed it so you might as get your money back a little at a time, have happier customers, and maybe just maybe get more business!!!

That would drive the cost up to everyone, even if they don't need or use a feature. The idea of levels is you can buy what you need. SOunds to me like you need to convince your employer you need the added functionality to do your job. It is not CNC's fault that the level you need may not have been purchased.

I realize it would drive the cost up but don't forget once it is designed & done it is done. I did software developement for 20 years and just got started doing this 6 months ago. From my experience so far and what I know about programming the feature I am asking for cost next to nothing to develop but is marked as an add-on. Just a little silly. It reminds me of the upcharge for automatic transmission in your car.

We are going to be getting another key with the added functionality. Does anyone know if it is worth getting the advanced nesting, what the cost maybe (our reseller is out) and where the price break starts for # of seats.

thanks

g.c.

I realize it would drive the cost up but don't forget once it is designed & done it is done. I did software developement for 20 years and just got started doing this 6 months ago. From my experience so far and what I know about programming the feature I am asking for cost next to nothing to develop but is marked as an add-on. Just a little silly. It reminds me of the upcharge for automatic transmission in your car.

We are going to be getting another key with the added functionality. Does anyone know if it is worth getting the advanced nesting, what the cost maybe (our reseller is out) and where the price break starts for # of seats.

thanks

g.c.