Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Documentation for Advanced Configuration

Eduard Winckers

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any dedicated documentation available on the subject of configuring Mastercam (v. 7.2). The only documentation I have is in the Design Reference Manual, but seems very limited to me.

What I am looking at is how to gain 'absolute' control over filenames/extensions, datapaths and possibilities to start up external apps.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott,

How do you think we can get this kind of documentation? It seems that we both are looking for it and were hoping that this forum would help is in doiing so. Unfortunately there were no seroius responses.. There MUST be userd out there with the same questions AND there must be people with the information we are looking for.

Do we have to start a new thread, or shoul there be a thread in the Tech Forum??

Screen-Config is where Mastercam is configured. Beyond that there are some settings that you can make in the mill7.cfg file that can't be controlled under Screen-Config.

There is a way - or used to be a way at least - to launch an external app from your Mastercam menu. Similar to launching a C-Hook from the menu. I can't remember what character to add to make this happen. I just add common applications to the Quick Launch area on my Windows Taskbar. That way I can easiler launch them when Mastercam is not running.

I really don't think there are any super-secret configuration documents being held back here.

[This message has been edited by Dave Thomson (edited 10-12-2000).]

Most manuals that come with Mastercam are ok but leave alot to be desired. One website to look at, that has a much more detailed and comprehensive book on Mastercam, is Scholars international publishing Corp. They have a 25 chapter book that covers many topics. Its not the "end all be all" of books but a great start.

TB

------------------

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Screen config covers about 90% of the issues you asked about. There's no secret doc that contains all the goodies. It's just alot of experementation. I learned a neat trick from Brian Summers .... when deleting if you hold down {size=10]BOTH[/size] mouse buttons it..... well, he just called it "Power Delete". It's trick. Try it out.

If you feel brave, you can edit your *.txt to launch things you use more frequently, faster. THIS SHOULD BE DONE ONLY BY VERY EXPERIENCED MASTERCAM USERS AND SHOULD NOT BE DONE UNTIL A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL *.txt FILE IS DONE FIRST!!!!! - contact your Authorized Mastercam Reseller to obtain guidance before doing this also.

James Meyette