Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surfacing and multiaxis

Brandon Walker

I was just playing around on one of the many multiaxis tutorial files i had around, just trying to see different ways i could do things. its the one with the dome shape and mastercam engraved on it horizontally on the dome, and cad cam engraved vertically across it. I figured a way to face away a lot of excess material before surfacing the dome shape. using the tilt/rotary to position the stock then face away material at 45 degree angles.

now my question is:

how can i keep the tool in the surfacing op from extending past the remaining stock so that it does not cut air half the time?

if noone understands my question, ill post my file on the ftp on monday.

thanks

i thought i might try something that im going to use called rest mill...your face mill had 4 planes on it and i created surfaces from that...with the leftover sides and made it into a pyrimid box

box.jpg

i then toolpathed that with a ramped surface contour

pyrimid.jpg

and used that as a (reference only) for the rest mill and it actually follows the material that was left over from the face mill

fin.jpg

took me a while to think it out but tis doable...i have put it back on the website in the ftp X folder under 4X4rest.MCX...you may want to tweak it