Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Overbeck Challenges

Adam123

Hi, I'm new to this so bear with. I work for a very large tool and die shop in western PA. We have two Overbeck cylindrical CNC grinders. The one has a Fanuc 180i-T controller. Is anyone familiar with this control? I'm familiar with Fanuc but this is the first Windows based Fanuc control I've seen. The basic interface is the same but with additional supplier type interfacing.

I've had no success searching this or other Forums for info on Overbeck or this 180i-T control. I feel a little alone right now.

Anyway, I'm experiencing an intermitant problem. The machine craps out between 30 minutes and 2 hrs of operation with the following alarm:

NCBOOT32-Node0:CNC-1

System Alarm BEF2-09

950 PMC System Alarm

PC004 CPU ERR 00001A1A:01001844

There is another alarm displayed on the Splindle amplifier Module: Alarm 24. The drive has a label telling me to reference manual no. B-65162. I am going to continue looking for this manual but in the mean time all and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The manual is the Alpha AC Servo Amplifier Description Mnl.

First, I would turn the machine off at the control, turn the power off at the cabinet, then go to the breaker and turn it off. Next, I would go to the cabinet, and make sure that ALL the wiring harnesses/connectors are seated properly. Then I would open the control and do the same. Next I would go back turn the breaker on, and begin the usual power up sequence. If that does not fix the problem, I would call the Machine Tool Builder and have someone come out and look at it.