Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

misc. values button

terry5357

At a place I formerly worked at, on the first tool parameter page, when the misc. values menu was opened up, the first 3 selections were "G92 or WCS G5?" then "any number over 2 = program stop"

and " something about a G28 return" I can't remember the exact verbage. And this was in a new installation of 9.1.

where I am at now, when the misc. values menu is opened up, there is are 2 columns one for misc. integers and misc. reals. I really liked having the program stop option with out having to use canned text. does anyone know how or where to modify my post to get that back. I hope this not one of those topics about posts that is taboo.

Grab yourself the mpmaster post, you can then either edit it or scan through and see how it's done and add it to your current post.

BTW, asking HOW to modify your post processor is not off base at all.

There are several people here that are more than willing to help you modify your post to your needs.

That's why it's a no-no, people spend time an effort or money to get what they need.. Why should someone just come in and ask for something someone elses hes either sweal and/or $$$ invested.

terry5357,

quote:

its ok to ask "how" to modify my post, but don't be asking for a copy of a post.

100% on the money. biggrin.gif There are loads of posts that are available for Mastercam. Those that don't put in the effort to work on their posts and feel they "deserve" one, usually don't appreciate anything. They're the ones who are always hard to please and most likely wouldn't even say "thank you" if someone did volunteer their own "sweat equity" tweaked post. Maybe I shouldn't make generalizations but that's the way it is most times. Don't worry. You'll do fine as long as you keep doing what you're doing. Someday I'm sure you will help some other newbie when the time comes. It's the "Circle of CAM". biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

here a snip of what I use for inserting wait codes:

if mi6$, n$, " ", e$

if mi6$, n$, pchg_m, "(WAIT CODE)", e$

if mi6$, n$, " ", e$

All you really need is the middle line, remove the pchg_m, and modify between the " " or change all after the n, of it to sm00