Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing from CMM into MC

MetalMarvels

I am trying to get the iges file output from Starrett Apogee S/W for a CMM to contain the arcs, circles, and lines that I measured and not just 8 zillion touch points. Starrett sold the business and can't provide any help. Anyone out there have any experience in getting an IGES output from Apogee with something other than JUST points? The only other option I can find was a WMF output (I can read it with the Raster to Vector option in MC - but it isn't scaled.

Apogee is the same as Metrolog II. What level of Apogee do you have?

This from a CMM forum >

To export geometries other than points requires Apogee Level IV. If you have Level IV you will need to create IGES entities from measured features and then export. Because of the different versions of Apogee the steps on how to acheive this are somewhat different. [email protected]

http://www.cmmtalk.com/welcome.htm

Go to > software > Apogee

Thanks, Jim. That put me on the right track and I figured out how to get lines and arcs out also - imported nicely into MC. I wasn't looking forward to having to measure the whole business with calipers and try to recreate it. You have to DEFINE the feature first, THEN MEASURE the feature, then..... ARGGGGGHH. Thank the Lord that MC is NOTHING like the CMM software!!!!