Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A11 SPEEDS AND FEEDS

CHANO

Fadal rigidty will be a problem. Are you surface machining or trying to side mill profile. You will also need to use a high quality cardide. OSG or Jabro.. at a push you could also use a Robb Jack.

Please give me the size of endmills, number of flutes, Manufacture of endmill, max spindle speed, and type of holder. All of these things are very very important when you are hardmilling. If you don't set this up properly it will fail in a shower of sparks. General rule of thumb at this Rc 400 sfm roughing 600 sfm semi finish, and 800sfm for finishing with a 2 flute coated carbide endmill

I will be back in the morning and try help some more.

By the way net ettiquete using all caps is like yelling.

I wouldn't reccomend that set-up, but if that is what you have I guess you will have to go with it. I am assuming you are trying to slot something. Put the part on the FTP and I will have a better understanding of what you are trying to cut. IF you are slotting with this endmill, I would run it at 3056 rpm at 6.4 ipm with a doc of .0075" at full width, and make sure you have a good air blast. NO coolant, this will cause thermal shock in your carbide and your edges will breakdown very quickly. A three flute endmill will have the wrong geometry for cutting this and it will not be as rigid. I would reccomend High Speed Machining of this part, but that would require you to get the proper 4 flute cutter with appropriate geometry, Good quality center draw collet holder, or shrinkfit, and a rigid machine.

What type of cut are you looking to do? Pocket? Contour? Slot? The more information you provide us on this forum the more likely you will get good advice. There are many many strategies available to cut different parts and not one works for them all.