Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MAKINO cell

Rick Henrickson 65

does anyone schedule a makino cell?

I am trying something I havent done yet.

I need to add clamps on my last fixture after it machines

so op 1 is face 1

op 2 is face 2

op 3 goes

wss------>load

mc------->op 3 program

wss------>install clamps

mc------->op 4 seperate part

wss------>unload

it runs op 1

then op2

then op3

comes out(like I thought it should)

goes back in

runs op1

runs op2

then op4

it should only run op 4

any help would be great

So, your steps should be:

op1

op2

op3

wss

op4

wss

Start cycle again....

Check your part process page. I haven't used or seen a MAS5 (we have B2 and A2). I think somewhere along there, the info for complete parts is not right and so its looking for another part to load before step 4. You did only create one process for this part number right? and not 3 or 4 different parts?

This sounds similar to the way the old A series cell controllers used to work. Yes, I would try and put it all under 001. Since you need to run them consecutive anyway, it should be listed under 001. Are all ops on the same pallet?

What you may have to watch for is the the Process itself. It may think you have 4 stations and 4 parts once the pallet is in loop with a full load. The other alternative to try is this:

001 = wss / mc / wss program A

002 = wss / mc / wss program B

003 = wss / mc / wss Program C

004 = wss / mc / wss Program D

I wish I knew the MAS system for you. The B2 is similar.... but different... Your system is based on the model A3 system and I don't know the lay out on the software. frown.gif There are some Makino users here so maybe someone has an A3 sytem?

But it really sounds like there's a button that needs to be on/off and it should work the way you originially had it laid out...