Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire gargle

edmBosto

Well I've programmed some now using X2 for wire and had seemed to just be getting comfortable when all of a sudden I chain 4 bean shapes and then translate them 10 places because there are 40 all together. Back plot it in MCX, verify in MCX and all looks perfect (yee haa). Then for some crazy reason I decide to watch the program run in Cimco editor (because one never knows) I get these G1 moves that are about 7 inches away from where it's suppose to be.

What the heck is going on?

It's moving from the end of some radii then performing a G1 way out in la la land then loops a large circle then goes back to the area where it supposed to be burning this no core bean shape.

Anyone have this happen to them?

I'm willing to bet only in wire.

edmbosto, skip the translate and just window all 40 shapes and see what it does.i quit using the translate a long time ago.had to many problems with it. my window contour post is all but perfect in coding.what do you think about the new wire interface.i prefered the old one myself.i think it is too easy to skip something.use to be 4 screens now there are too many.just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update,

I'm upgraded now with mastercam and cimco and I still have problems on this. If I do a partial chain and cut a short tab at the end I have no problem. I do not have X+ anymore as it's not recommended by my reseller.

Del, Mastercam no core wire can't handle a smaller diameter in a larger one with a thread point as a window selection with many entities as it mixes the chains up.

Some have a thread point and only one circle chain and then some have a thread point with 3 circle chains.

In that case you need to window ea hole (3 chains) seperately so you can get it right.

It only works if there is a thread point and a diameter. I can window 50 holes with no problem that way.

One thing I do like now with the upgrade is that I can program a contour one way with 3 or 4 passes with ease now instead of reverse thanks to Roger Martin.

Looks like I now have all of this solved with changing my machine definition in the arcs settings under round endpoint failure being checked now. That is the default setting on that area of the control definition. Thanks to our resellers help and working with them.