Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hurco file transfer problem

indytoolman

I need help fast guys....after finally updating to Mcam X MR1 SP1, I'm now having problems transferring mastercam files to my hurcos. I'm transferring files via rs232 serial port. The machines I'm trying to send to are a km-3, hawk 5M, and a VM2. I'm having the ultinet upgrade installed this weekend on the VM2, so hopefully that will fix the problem on that particular machine, but I'm stuck with the serial port set-up on the older machines because they're too old for the ultinet upgrade. I'm also using the cimco editor V.5 for mastercam file transfers. The 2 errors I keep getting are "check parity settings" or "framing error". What is REALLY confusing is sometimes I'm able to successfully send the file, but most of the time I can't. Has anyone run into this problem lately? I thought I might have solved the problem by installing a new communication cable, thinking maybe they old ones might have been damaged due to re-routing the cables and wire tying them up, (might have piched the cables). The new cable seemed to have solved the problem. But now, 2 days later, I'm having the same errors occur while using the new cables. I'm at my wits end on this and REALLY need help. Thanks in advance for any help you people can provide.

It's been a while for me and handshakes for Hurcos but I remember those errors.

The older machines had to run with flow control set to hardware/software even parity X on/X off.

I remember lowering the baud rate as well.

Quite aggravating. The machine would cut nearly halfway to finish and THEN get the error. DOH!

billh,

Thanks for the response. I'm somewhat familiar with the hurcos...have been running them for 24 years now. At the machine end, at the upload/download port set-up screen, you have the opportunity to change the settings. In conversational file transfers, you can change the port setting, protocol, parity, character length (data bits), stop bits, baud rate and source/destination. In NC file transfers, you only have the opportunity to make changes to the port setting, protocol, baud rate and source/destination. The conversational settings on all of the machines are set to the following:

port setting.... com port 1

Protocol...level2 Xon/Xoff

Baud rate...9600

Character length (data bits)...8

stop bits...1

Parity...none

Source/destination...Memory

The settings for NC files are:

port setting...Com port 1

baud rate...9600

source/destination...memory

My Cimco software transfer settings are:

port setting...com port 1

flow control...software

baud...9600

character length (data bits)...7

stop bits...2

parity...even

Although the Cimco settings don't match the settings at the machine, I've been sending files with these settings successfully for 3 years. I've even tried changing the Cimco settings to match the machine settings, but I'm still having no luck. I was told by Hurco that the machines will automatically recognize the character length (data bits), stop bits, and parity settings that the file transfer software are currently set to and adjust itself to those settings.

I hope that by providing this additional information, I can get mastercam to talk to my machines again soon.

Thanks again for any help anyone can provide.