Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5axis Curve Problems

MLS

Has anyone noticed that the curve 5-axis toolpath in X2 MR1 and MR2 seems VERY inconsistent?

In 9.1 it was difficult sometimes to get a clean normal to surface toolpath, but now it seems almost impossible sometimes.

I just brought a file into X2 MR2 that works fine in 9.1 MR0105 and regenerate the toolpath to get a hopping up and down and all around junk toolpath.

I would think you could bring a file straight in to X2 MR2 from 9, regenerate, and get the exact same results.

Am I missing something?

confused.gifheadscratch.gif

Well I cannot access the FTP and this file is huge. rolleyes.gif Maybe I can isolate it down to just those toolpaths and geometry in the next day or so. Switched jobs again. Heh.

I am projecting a pocket-like chain (lines and arcs) to multiple surfaces driving it normal to those surfaces.

In V9 it worked decent, but now it starts the chain fine then will jump up at the surface edges and start at the other end of the chain. Some paths hop up and pick some point on the chain to start again seemingly for no reason whatsoever. It will even go the wrong direction along the chain.

I was thinking it was maybe a chain tolerancing issue, but I don't think that would change from version to version. I noticed on a part earlier I was trying to do something similar and had to project the chain geometry to the surfaces manually then in the toolpath project them normal to the surface instead of plane.

Thanks.

headscratch.gif