Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5axe (output that is 1 inch short in Z)

fiveAXE

Hemmm...

I drew a 1 inch circle at the origine and then 4 lines 2 horinzontal and 2 vertical going from the quad of the circle i inch a way from the circle.

I took the Curve5ax command, the 3d curve was the circle and the 4 lines are the tool axe.

I used a post that a reseller has up on his site, her is the link http://www.mastercamtraining.com/downloads.html

The file name is thrmwd.zip.

I wante to learn how to build a 5 axe post so i was starting with an existing wone that works, but i get the following problem the z positionning in the NC file is short of 1 inch.

What i meen is if the distance from the pivot point to the end of the tool is 14 inch, i should see the B axe turn to -90 and then Z-14 and i get Z-13.

Imust be doing something wrong but what!!!! confused.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Perhaps the post is just a "DEMO" post not one that is actually meant for Production Purposes. Nobody that pays between $2000 and $5000 for a post out of their own pocket is going to give it away nor would somebody who has labored for many hours to produce a post of the 5 axis nature give it away either. With that said, in Version 9 there is a Generic 5 axis post included with the software. You MUST read the notes at the top of the post file to learn how to use it and configure it for your machine type. I'd start with that one myself if you want to get into 5 axis posts, though you'll not be able to see the algorithms that actually generate the 5 axis motion. The sections of the post that do that are compiled into a binary format(*.psb) that is unreadable, but the rest of the post is readable.

If you're just getting started in post work, I'd suggest you get hold of your local Mastercam reseller and purchase the Post CD ROM. They'll get you pricing information as well.

Good luck.