Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids trimmed to surfaces

heeler

I am new to solids, I am trying to trim a solid to a compound contour, and it doesn't want to trim it properly. I can creat a curve where the surface and solid intersect and it will be .020 to .080 different.

Help me please. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I am using Mastercam 8.1.1

Can you post the file on the ftp? Are you rying to trim to the curve or surface? If surface, the surface should extend past all boundries of the solid (if it's close or exact around the edges mastercam will give you closed boundry errors and will not do it).

What exactly do you mean by compound surface? Sorry, got to go and won't be back till late tonight. If you haven't figured it out by then, I'll see if I can help you

[ 05-07-2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

This morning I started to try this again. What I have found interesting so far is that the surface I was trying to trim to was an offset NURBS surface. If I trim to the original surface it seems to trim perfectly. Well more playing to do. confused.gifconfused.gif

That is interesting. That at least explains how this could be happening. I just couldn't figure out what the problem could be and why this was happening. Have you tried saving the surface as a seperate file and merging it back in then trimming? How about converting the surface to an iges or something and then converting it back into MC? If those both fail, I would create some curves on the surface that you want to trim to and then try building the surface over again to the new geometry and starting with a "fresh" surface.HTH

[ 05-08-2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]