Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WIN 2000 ISSUES

AWWOOLHOUSE

Some good answers to this question in previous threads. Bullines suggests a theory that is confirmed by PDG. In general, it's not really as bad as it looks. When the Windows 'focus' is on the Mastercam graphics area, there is some keyboard and mouse polling (rather than using interrupts).

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic&f=1&t=001025

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic&f=1&t=001031

--

I think it's time for an official FAQ. When/if you feel like providing the definitive answer to frequently asked questions (rather than posting links to the earlier threads, please add an "**Add to[or Update] FAQ**" at the top of your well-written post, and I try to catch it, and compile into an eventual proper FAQ.

AWWOOLHOUSE, we have gone over this a few times.

You will find that Win2K to be the best and most stable of the OS's.

I find when people have issues it’s usually over the Hardware not the OS if the case is Win2K.

I use win2K on all my boxes.

I just cam from a mastercam customer have there box with me going to update it tomorrow to Win2k.

Please give us a list of the components in the box.