Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolparameters reset after selecting new tool?

daved618

Running Mastercam x2 Mr2. In Mastercam 9, my defaults were Head # -1, and Len. & Dia. offsets were the same as my tool number. Every tool i selected would match the offsets, and the head # would remain -1. This isn't working for me in X2. The defaults are there before i select a tool, but after i pick a tool from library they reset to "0" in all three boxes. How do i get it to work like V.9? Do I have to manually enter them everytime, every tool?

David,

The head being -1, likely does not matter for you unless you are running a machine that utilizes it.

to set your tools for defaults

settings >> control def >> tools > click "Add to Tool" and set 0 and 0

Now your T and D and H's will match

Here is a thread that may help, look at the lower section of it

Linky

If you load that value along with your tools then use the above link and follow the upper section except instead of load sequentially choose the "use tools step, peck and coolant"

Browse to that file through My Computer / Explorer, right-click and go to properties and make sure it hasn't been set to "Read Only". If it has, you need to uncheck that attribute so that the file can be written to.

If it's not set as "Read Only", then you may not have the appropriate write permissions setup for the Mastercam folder/subfolders with your windows login.