Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A head scratcher

within a thou

I am running a pocketing program on a Yasnac MX1 controller and keep getting alarm codes 31 and 34 which are g02/g03 programming error and R value less than 0. Both of which are not the case as far as I can see. Here is the code.

X-.2481Y.9831

X-.4645Y.765

G3X-.46Y.7605R.0045

G1X.463

G3X.4645Y.762R.0015

G1Y1.3033

G2X.7888Y1.6731R.373

X.7949Y1.6738R.1855

G1X.8073Y1.675

G2X.8135Y1.6755R.1855

The program will run to the above block fine but at the start of the block below I get an alarm.

G3X.813Y1.6895R.007

G1X-.46

G3X-.4645Y1.685R.0045

G1Y.765

G0Z.25

None of my arcs are over 180 degrees. I had my stock to leave set to a negative number so I played with different amounts and have even tried changing my stock to a positive value and changing the size of my cutter. I was wondering if my R value was to small at R.007 but the machine passes the R.001 a few blocks earlier no problem. I am running out of things to try and dont understand why these alarms keep happening and just got off the phone with yaskawa because I was wondering if running a G03 directly after a G02 was causin me problems but they say that shouldnt cause any problems. Does anyone have any ideas I am scratchin my head here. banghead.gif Thanks in advance for any help

Also might want to check the parameters in your Settings> Configuration> Tolerances menu to see if your chaining tolerance is too tight, or your minimum arc length is too big. wink.gif

This may not be the case, but you never know... biggrin.gif

Also, look at your System and Toolpath tolerances as well to see if they are set to where you want them to be.

I don't remember exactly where those menus are in V9, but I'm sure you will find them somewhere.